The prize structure and the rules for the 2013 Fishing Derby have changed!
For the 2013 Derby, the Meredith Rotary Club will be providing all cash prizes. Additionally, by eliminating Meredith Rotary Tagged Rainbow Trout as the only possible winner category for the top three prizes, and opening the prize structure to all Derby ticket holder fishermen, the Derby is more accessible to all fishermen. Now, a grand prize winning fish (white perch, yellow perch, cusk, lake trout, pickerel, black crappie or rainbow trout) can be caught in any fresh water open to the public. There will be less pressure to fish only in Lake Winnipesapukee, and less impact on the off-season salmon.
This is the prize structure for the 2013 Derby:
1. The three top prizes ($15,000 for first prize, $5,000 for second prize, and $3,000 for third prize) will be awarded to the angler with a valid Derby ticket whose name is drawn on Sunday during the Grand Prize Drawing from anglers who are eligible.
Eligibility is determined by those who had the largest fish in each category on either Saturday or Sunday of Derby Weekend.
2. The top three prizes will be drawn from a group of 14 potential top prize winners.
3. A fisherman’s name will be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing only once,
no matter how many fish that person has caught.
4. The five heaviest Black Crappie, Cusk, Lake Trout, Pickerel, Rainbow Trout, Yellow Perch and White Perch will be hung on the board on both Saturday and Sunday for prizes of $250, $200, $150, $100 and $50.
5. Additionally, the heaviest fish boarded in each category will be awarded $500 on Sunday at 3:30pm at Derby Headquarters.
6. There will be 14 Derby Ticket stub drawings for a $100 cash prize on Saturday and 32 ticket stub drawings on Sunday. Drawings will start on Saturday at 12:30pm and Sunday at 8am and will be held approximately every 15 minutes.
7. Two Rotary Derby Ticket "Cash Grand Drawings" for $5,000 will be held: On Saturday at 4:30pm and Sunday at 3:30pm at Derby Headquarters.